Collapse

Google Tagging Message

Collapse

Google Global Horizontal Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good pair of headphones for mixing and music creation work, streaming sometimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good pair of headphones for mixing and music creation work, streaming sometimes?

What's a good pair of headphones for mixing and music creation work, streaming sometimes? $150 or under?

I have some cheapish Razer Kraken Tournments I have been using because they sounded great and still do mostly, but the parts that make the headset itself are mostly plastic so when they get old you start hearing that noise when using the attached MIC and whatever they are using for the wiring to the headset over time starts getting this weird bending or knots that you can not undo without damaging the wires inside, it's almost like over time from the electrical current the wire is shrinking but VIA kinks.

Then I recently bought some Sony "Professional" MDR 7506 because they had good reviews, reasonable price for what I was going to use it for and just to get me started I thought. Since mainly I know I create all types of music, so I wanted something that would be able handle/let me hear all levels/frequencies etc. They had great reviews for being high definition and flat. But a slight nod to mid levels and were closed back.

Once I got around to using them, I have found they were all the things I listed except the closed back part doesn't really hold up because I can the outside through them which is exactly what I did not want.
    Secondly I didn't realize either I have a large dome and ears or these head phones are really tiny they barely cover my entire ear.
    Thirdly the cable is permanently attached.

So those are these reasons, I am looking for another pair. Right now still using my Razer for the cans part and use a old school BLUE branded Snowflake for any vocal work. Just have to have the correct environment for that one since it pick up everything.

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
    What's a good pair of headphones for mixing and music creation work, streaming sometimes? $150 or under?

I have some cheapish Razer Kraken Tournments I have been using because they sounded great and still do mostly, but the parts that make the headset itself are mostly plastic so when they get old you start hearing that noise when using the attached MIC and whatever they are using for the wiring to the headset over time starts getting this weird bending or knots that you can not undo without damaging the wires inside, it's almost like over time from the electrical current the wire is shrinking but VIA kinks.

Then I recently bought some Sony "Professional" MDR 7506 because they had good reviews, reasonable price for what I was going to use it for and just to get me started I thought. Since mainly I know I create all types of music, so I wanted something that would be able handle/let me hear all levels/frequencies etc. They had great reviews for being high definition and flat. But a slight nod to mid levels and were closed back.

Once I got around to using them, I have found they were all the things I listed except the closed back part doesn't really hold up because I can the outside through them which is exactly what I did not want.
    Secondly I didn't realize either I have a large dome and ears or these head phones are really tiny they barely cover my entire ear.
    Thirdly the cable is permanently attached.

So those are these reasons, I am looking for another pair. Right now still using my Razer for the cans part and use a old school BLUE branded Snowflake for any vocal work. Just have to have the correct environment for that one since it pick up everything.
    Have you ever tried Beats By Dre headphones? I heard that they have excellent quality.

Comment

I never really considered those for creating music, since they seemed to have emphasis's on bass, which I not what I need since I do all kinds of music. Which it's nothing wrong that I literally made a song that says bring the bass back. Just needs something that want break the bank and all genres a music can be listened
      Bring The Bass Back by NewGenRx, Electronica music from Houston, TX on ReverbNation

Comment

Originally posted by Somebodysunclephil View Post
        I never really considered those for creating music, since they seemed to have emphasis's on bass, which I not what I need since I do all kinds of music. Which it's nothing wrong that I literally made a song that says bring the bass back. Just needs something that want break the bank and all genres a music can be listened
        I see.

Comment

Working...
        X