Collapse

Google Tagging Message

Collapse

Google Global Horizontal Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on here miss having optical drives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody on here miss having optical drives?

What do you all think about the elimination of optical drives from today's modern P.C.'s. I'm not sure what made them make optical drives obsolete, but the computer that I am building has 3 optical drive bays, and I plan on putting optical drives in them. The case that I have is a Corsair Obsidian 900d.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair_Obsidian_900d.webp
Views:	145
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	168

I find that the digital disc drive has a poor system function. My new Dell computer has no optical disc drive. First, I used CD-RW discs years ago. I stored some valuable documents and files on disc. After repeated use, some of the discs were inoperable, because, there were disc errors, even though I stored the discs carefully by putting them in the jewel cases and not outside laying on a surface. Also, when I played musical discs, the disc players performed erratically. Then, I tried digital video discs (DVD). I thought that technology was improved over the CD--RW concept. Months later, the same kind of errors were in the digital concept. I think the flash drives and their technology will work just right. I think that the digital disc was the poorest concept ever invented.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Keyboard View Post
      I find that the digital disc drive has a poor system function. My new Dell computer has no optical disc drive. First, I used CD-RW discs years ago. I stored some valuable documents and files on disc. After repeated use, some of the discs were inoperable, because, there were disc errors, even though I stored the discs carefully by putting them in the jewel cases and not outside laying on a surface. Also, when I played musical discs, the disc players performed erratically. Then, I tried digital video discs (DVD). I thought that technology was improved over the CD--RW concept. Months later, the same kind of errors were in the digital concept. I think the flash drives and their technology will work just right. I think that the digital disc was the poorest concept ever invented.
      Hmm....Good points bruh. I never had that happen to me before.

Comment

Working...
      X