Collapse

Google Tagging Message

Collapse

Google Global Horizontal Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft accused of malware-like tactics, again, in attempt to push users onto Bing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft accused of malware-like tactics, again, in attempt to push users onto Bing.

I do hate that about Microsoft. As soon as you boot up your computer, and get to Windows, they have Microsoft Edge launching immediately. It is annoying.
    The Verge's Tom Warren was one of those who feared his PC had been infected when a pop-up appeared asking him to switch his default search engine...

I know this is month old post, but their stuff goes way further than that. The crap along that I have been able to witness being done to me directly, I am pretty sure is against some type consumer and privacy laws. I am only not saying too much because I like using my PC and the internet without having to "learn" Linux for now. . Because if you can stay offline then you can say whatever but with them having build their own infrastructure with major important internet traffic goes through, they can force, make **** happen.

I am really surprised everybody bowed down and accepted giving up control over your PC. Because the average person and probably even some people that feel they are tech savvy don't realize Windows 11 is the OS of giving it all up. Windows 10 was the petroleum jelly. They even took away unless they added it back the option for you to pay for them not to do it to you. Which was buying Windows professional. But now even Win Pro requires constant online to operate correctly. This here was needed to beable exact near real time control of each user's system.

I remeber one instance I figured how to stop them from updating Windows 10 they just broke their OS an upgraded it through other mechanisms installed that mentioned nothing of general updating.

Things like this was tested while developing antipiracy measures for Xbox.

Comment

Working...
    X